Our primary goal is customer satisfaction. To this end, our Return Policy is flexible depending on the situation. If you are a not satisfied in any way with your purchase from MegaWatts Computers or you do not feel you received the quality service that you expected, please let us know immediately.
By placing an order with Megawatts.com you are agreeing to these terms and conditions
A signature will be required at time of delivery for all orders paid with credit card. This is to guarantee that your order is not just left at your door step so a theft could possibly occur. If this is an issue, there are several solutions to avoid having to sign for your shipment:
1. Pay via check, certified cashiers check, or money order. In this case your order will ship out to any address you specify. Mailed in checks and money orders will be held for 15 business days before items are shipped. This does not include weekends. If you need the shipment faster than the following option may work for you:
2. Pay via a bank wire. There is a $15 bank fee for this which we must charge for. Please add this to the amount you wire. Orders paid via wire will be processed within 24 hours of confirmation of funds received from our bank (not including weekends and holidays and subject to processing times as laid out below). Email or call us for our bank information. Please contact us at (918) 664-6342 x 305 for more information about these services and to let us know if you are wanting to use either of these options so we can hold the items you are purchasing until your funds are received.
3. Pay via 'BitCoin'. Once Payment is confirmed received via BitCoin we will process an order to any address specified within 24 hours (not including weekends and holidays and subject to processing times as laid out below). BitCoin orders will be shipped without signature requirement unless specifically requested.
Megawatts.com terms and conditions
All refused orders will be charged a $10 handling fee, 15% restocking fee plus the cost of additional return shipping.
Incorrect or insufficient addresses will be charged a $10 redirect fee, so please insure we get your correct address the first time. Shipping charges are nonrefundable.
In addition to the above, international refusals are also subject to taxes, import and export fees, shipping costs, and any other charges incurred.
Orders retrieved as non-delivered are returned to inventory and store credit is issued minus shipping charges.
Special order items, those listed as status "Available", are subject to a 15% restocking fee unless re-shipped.
Non-delivered items may be re-shipped by contacting us to arrange payment for shipping again.
- Most products carry a 14 Day return policy & most used items also have a 30 Day warranty.
- Most products Listed as "New" carry the warranty expressed by the manufacturer, and all support issues must be directed to them.
- Most items may be returned within 14 days of shipment for a store credit, replacement or refund. Under the following Conditions
- Store Credit is issued for the Purchase price (Minus Shipping).
- Replacement is issued for the exact same item, as it is recieved back to us
- Refund is issued minus shipping charges, a 5% Processing fee and applicable restocking fees (see details below).
- Rebate items: Items used to retain rebate MUST obtain replacement from Manufacturer. No store credit, refunds, or exchanges will be granted for items with UPC removed, mangled, or altered in any way.
- Free items: Items that are free with purchase are not eligible for warranty/repair and are sent as-is. New items may have associated manufacturer warranty, which can be used.
- New and sealed items (except for those excluded below) are eligible for return only within the 14 Day return period (5% Processing fee will apply for refunds)
- New items being returned in any form other than sealed will result in a 35% Open Box restocking fee. New OEM items have a 15% restocking fee
(additional 5% Processing fee will apply for refunds)
- All Pre-Owned, refurbished or used items being returned will incur a 15% Restocking Fee unless exchanged for similar item.
- Defective items will incur the return fees applicable to a non-defective item unless exchanged for a working replacement.
- All orders on Televisions are final and cannot be returned for a refund
- Refunds are only issued for the purchase price of the product being returned.
- Refunds will be given less a 5% processing fee. (No Exceptions & other restocking fee may apply)
- Any item under returned for refund that received free shipping from us will have $6 deducted from the purchase price that is refunded. For computers and monitors the amount deducted will be $30.
- Special Order items (items which have a status of "available") cannot be returned for refund or credit, only for product replacement.
- Products that contain a unique serial key (including but not limited to AppleCare, hardware with bundled software, Microsoft Office, etc.) are non-returnable once opened.
- Software: Opened software is non-refundable for any reason, if you receive defective software, we will exchange it for the exact same title without a replacement license.
- Software: Sealed software can only be returned for in store credit. Absolutely no refunds will be issued for software of any kind.
- Software: Any software sold as OEM, with an opened package or without a box cannot be returned for refund or credit, only for product replacement if found to be defective.
- In-Store Credit may be issued on used items throughout the 30 Day Warranty period
- Absolutely No Refunds, In-Store Credit or Exchanges will be given on any used item that is past the 30 Day warranty Period.
- Absolutely No Refunds, In-Store Credit or Exchanges will be given on any new item that is past the 14 Day Return Period
- Items Listed as "New" can only be exchanged within the 14 day return policy. After that period, the Manufacturer is responsible for support issues with the product.
- Certain items are NOT accepted for return for any reason! This includes: Apple products with AppleCare and special order items as well as Wii's, iPods, Zunes, (and other hard drive based MP3 players - Toshiba, Sony, etc), Xbox's, Playstations, Digital Cameras, GPS units, Mobile Phones, Headphones & Earphones & BlueTooth Headsets (for hygiene reasons), DVD's, CD's, Software, LCD/CRT/Plasmas Monitors and TV's, and Food, Health, & Medical products, and opened Toys. For any issues with these items, you will be required to contact the manufacturer directly.
- Any Items that have been ordered but not yet shipped are subject to a 15% restocking fee, if you choose to cancel your order. (15% restocking fee for canceled items also applies to special Orders (items which have a status of "available"). Items which are in stock but have not yet shipped are also subject to a 5% Refund processing fee upon cancellation. Orders that have already left our shipping dock cannot be canceled for any reason and must be received and accepted by the customer. Note that these fees will not be charged on items which we can no longer get, or items which have more than a 10 day lead time. )
- Used and refurbished items generally carry a 30 day warranty, in some cases they can only be repaired and not replaced due to stock variances. (If an item is in the need of support past the initial 14 Day return policy it is at megamacs.com discretion to replace or repair the item. ) NOTE: Warranty on Used equipment excludes software support, and hardware modifications to the machine after receipt will void any warranty.
- Defective items can only be exchanged for the exact same item.
- Please note that Operating System requirements for software were written when the software was first produced. As such, older software may not work with newer operating systems than the ones listed. For example, a software that lists Mac OS 7.1 or greater may not work under OS 8 or 9. Or if a software lists requirements as OS 10.1 or greater, it may not work in OS 10.2 or higher. We are not responsible for verifying every possible operating system that a given software will run with, please check with software manufacturer if you wish to determine compatibility."
Bundled Items -
Any item that is free with, or discounted with, the purchase of another item must be included with any return of that item. If the Free or Discounted item is not returned or the customer wants to keep them, the difference between what was paid for the item retained by the customer and the normal price on our website at the time of purchase will be subtracted from the refund amount. In a case where the amount subtracted exceeds the amount refunded, the customer will be charged the difference.
Example 1: iLife '11 (Normally $49) Free with the purchase of any Intel Mac. If the Intel Mac that was purchased is returned, the included software must also be returned or the customer may choose to keep iLife 11 and $49 will be subtracted from the refund amount.
Example 2: Save $50 on purchase of a Cinema Display (In this example the Cinema normally costs $149) with the purchase of a G4 or G5 tower. If the G4 or G5 tower is returned, the Cinema display must also be returned or the customer may choose to have $50 subtracted from the refund for the G4 or G5 tower."
- The Customer is responsible for getting all returnable merchandise back to us. Shipping speed and method may be chosen by the customer.
- Megamacs.com accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged packages that are sent back to us. We encourage you to insure and ship in a trackable method.
- Megamacs.com does not cover return shipping costs in any way.
- Any store credit issued will expire two (2) years after the date issued.
- Our RMA form (located below) is the only way to obtain an RMA. Calls to us requesting RMA's will be redirected here.
To protect our customers against fraudulent use of their credit cards we only ship to names and addresses authorized by the credit card company, and some orders may require additional verification procedures in order to ensue their validity. These procedures are designed to protect us from fraud as well as protect the customer from unauthorized use of their credit cards. These procedures may include:
- Contacting the card issuer to verify name, addresses and phone numbers given
- Contacting the customer directly to verify validity of order
- Signature verification with form of ID
If you have any questions or concerns about these fraud prevention measures, please feel free to contact us.
When you place and order with megamacs.com your order is placed in a queue and is processed in the order it was received. Please allow up to 3 business days for your order to be processed. Weekend orders are processed on Monday and Tuesday of the following week. We are not open on weekends and holidays. Any order for a large item, a computer or a special order item will have additional processing time.
Orders that are placed with shipping methods being, 2nd Day and/or any overnight service, are processed the same day if they arrive prior to 2pm CST Monday - Friday and are shipped out that same day if possible.
Expedited orders can only be received and processed the same day if received by 2 pm Central time. After that time, your order will be processed on the next business day.
Tracking numbers for each shipping day are uploaded to our website at the end of each business day. Megamacs.com Reps do not have advanced access to tracking information, we can only provide a tracking number once it has been uploaded to our server.
Currently Megamacs.com is shipping via UPS or USPS. ( we cannot ship via any other method )
We Offer UPS Ground, Express Saver, 2nd Day and Standard Overnight services
Transit Times are as follows:
||When it will ship
Home or Business
|1 - 7 Business Days
based on distance to destination
|This service is not an expeditied service
||Ships from standard Queue
if in stock
|UPS Express Saver
||3 Business Days
Delivery time to most destinations
This service is not an expeditied service
|Ships from standard Queue
if in stock
|UPS 2 Day
||2 Business Days
Delivery time to most destinations
|Ships Same day order is placed
if placed before 2 pm CST & in stock
|UPS Standard Overnight
Delivery time to most destinations
|Ships Same day order is placed
if placed before 2 pm CST & in stock
Shipping and Billing Address information
When an order is placed with Megamacs.com an address verification is automatically done. If your billing address and zip code do not match the address that the card issuing bank has on file then your order will not be processed until we can verify your billing address.
If you wish to ship your order to an address other than that listed with the card issuing bank, then you must make sure the shipping address is listed with the card issuing bank as a verified Shipping address.
You can add this to your card by calling your card's customer service number and telling the Representative that you would like to add a shipping address to your card. ( This will not change your billing address, this only verifies that the cardholder approves shipments to the address in question)
CheckCards or Bank Cards cannot have a separate address listed, therefore, if you use your check card you must ship to your Billing address.
All refused orders will be charged a $10 handling fee, 15% restocking fee plus the cost of additional return shipping. Incorrect addresses will be charged a $10 redirect fee, so please insure we get your correct address the first time. Shipping charges are nonrefundable. In addition to the above, international refusals are also subject to taxes, import and export fees, shipping costs, and any other charges incurred. Orders retrieved as non-delivered are returned to inventory and store credit is issued. Special order items, those listed as status "Available", are subject to a 15% restocking fee unless re-shipped. Non-delivered items may be re-shipped by contacting us to arrange payment for shipping again.
If an item is shipped to you in error, or you recieve something other than what is stated on your invoice. Please contact us via phone, email, or via our RMA form and explain what you ordered and what you recieved, we will provide a return label to send the item back to us.
Many of our products carry a manufacturer's warranty, noted in Condition/Warranty as MFR. This warranty and the service provided by that particular manufacturer should be the first place to look for assistance if you have problems with your purchase. If you have any problems with this warranty service, please feel free to contact us and we will offer assistance in anyway we can, but please understand that the manufacturer is responsible for providing warranty service and technical support, not Megamacs.com.
Apple Computer offers a 1-year warranty on all new equipment and all factory refurbished equipment. During the warranty period you should call their toll-free number at 1-800-646-7582 to receive warranty or replacement service. Generally, Apple tries to solve any problem over the phone. If this is not possible, Apple will either send a replacement via Airborne Express or have you contact their closest Apple service center. This is the best way to obtain warranty service on Apple equipment. ( Megamacs.com is under no obligation to provide support on warrantied Apple Products )
Refurbished Warranty Refurbishment is simply the process of taking a used, returned or even simply opened box item and fully testing the system to ensure it is functional. The difference between Refurbished and used is that used systems from other resellers are often not fully tested or even reformatted but sold just as they were from the previous owner. We have a thorough process in which we check each aspect of the system for functionality and back it with our own warranty. Refurbished systems are not new and may still have cosmetic issues which are laid out in each items individual description if they differ from the following:
The grading is generally thus:
Grade A = The best USED system, there will be minor exterior issues, for laptops, this means wear and micro scratches, some very minor dents. No cracks, no major scratches or major dents.
For Desktops, there will be no major dents, case scuffing to aluminum is expected but all parts will be fully functioning, legs attached and straight and ports and doors will open without issue
Grade B = 1 - 2 dents or major scratches to the case, possible micro cracks or screen pitting.
Desktops may have minorly bent cases but all ports are accessible and functioning
Grade C = Laptops will have dents and significant cracks. The LCD will have pitting or minor scratches. All parts will be functional, but the cosmetic condition will be 'poor' and not at all covered by warranty.
Desktops will have significant denting or bends to the case. All ports will function, although there may be missing covers or similar. All parts will be functional, but the cosmetic condition will be 'poor' and not at all covered by warranty.
Printer / Copier / Fax Machine Warranty
With new and/or Factory Refurbished Copiers/Printers/Fax Machines: Once the toner or ink has been installed, these items can not be returned to us for replacment or repair. If defective, the customer will need to contact the manufacturer. Other vendors offer warranties and warranty service which varies depending on the manufacturer. If you have questions concerning any of these warranties, please contact us. Your first contact should be to the manufacturer of the product with whom you are having problems. They are the best source resolving any warranty issues.
Most used items carry a 30 Day Megamacs.com Warranty. If issues arise with a used item purchased from us, we will have you send it back in to us, and we will either repair or replace the item. (This is at Megamacs.com discretion.) All units from our store have been tested and cleaned prior to shipping to ensure our customer?s receive a quality product. Any hardware modifications to the machine after receipt will void any warranty. The Customer is responsible for all shipping charges of the item in question back to our facilities. Megamacs.com will cover the return shipping back to the customer unless it is determined that the issue arose due to customer misuse or violation of the terms of the warranty. NOTE: Warranty on Used equipment excludes software support.
Opened software and DVD movies may only be exchanged for the exact same item and may not be returned for a store credit.
Defective items must be exchanged for the exact same item. Returned items must be in new condition, including the original box, packaging, manuals and accessories. Absolutely NO store credit or exchanges are allowed after 14 days.
If you have a defective item or need to return something, please refer to our RMA section below.
Equipment Damaged On Arrival (DOA)
We take every precaution when packing your equipment to send to you. Unfortunately orders can become damaged by the carrier during transit. Here is the procedure to follow if your equipment arrives with shipping damage of any kind.
- Note any visible damage to your shipment with the delivering driver. This MUST be done with freight shipments at the time of delivery in order to to file a claim with the freight company.
- Contact us either by our customer service form or phone us.
- Do NOT throw any of the packaging material as those will be required for any inspection or for packaging the product for return shipping to us.
You must contact us within 7 days of receipt of the damaged items for any deliveries. Once a claim is made, we will work with the carrier to take care of the problem. A customer accepts the products shipped in the condition they arrived in if no claim is made with us within 7 days of delivery.
Please understand that damage done by a carrier is not the fault of Megamacs.com, we will only issue a replacement once the claim has been approved by the carrier. Not following the above procedure relieves us and the shipping company of all responsibility of shipping damage.
Shipping charges are nonrefundable. Items shipped illegally under our account number will be billed for the shipping costs plus a $10 processing fee. Any item returned for refund that received free shipping from us will have $6 deducted from the purchase price that is refunded. For computers and monitors the amount deducted will be $30.
Items that are Dead on Arrival (DOA)
We must be notified of a item that is dead on arrival within 5 business days of receipt or any dead on arrival claim may be denied. Any dead on arrival product MUST be shipped back to us postage paid. We will replace or repair any defective equipment and ship it back to you free of charge.
Obtaining an RMA number
To obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number....
- Use the online RMA form
- We will process your RMA within 1-2 business days
- Your RMA will be sent to your eMail address
- Please mark the given RMA number on the outside of the package (preferrably on the mailing label)
- Send the package back to us via your preferred Method, postage paid.
We DO NOT accept returns without an RMA. If item is received with postage due, it will be refused and a new RMA may be required to return it again, subject to our full terms and conditions.
Megamacs.com makes no warranty, either expressed or implied, including and without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This disclaimer in no way alters the terms of any manufacturer's warranty that comes with the products purchased from us. Megamacs.com shall have no liability to you or any third party for special, incidental, indirect, exemplary or consequential damages or any other economic hardship arising out of the use of or inability to use the products, and in all cases our liability is limited strictly to replacement, or repair or the value of the products purchased. State laws vary and certain parts of this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Megamacs.com is not responsible for typographical, photographic or pricing errors that may appear in our online catalog. We reserve the right to make adjustments or corrections due to changing market conditions, product discontinuations or typographical, photographic or pricing errors in advertisements or product descriptions. Policies, item availability and prices are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to limit quantities on certain items. Monitors, mice and keyboards are not included with computer systems unless specified. Please remember to back up all your data before installing any new hardware, software or peripherals; we are not responsible for any lost data.
Occasionally, items may sell out before we can remove them from our website. Do not assume an item is actually being shipped to you until you have received an email stating that your order has been shipped with a tracking number. Any item listed as Special Order or Available is NOT in stock
Megawatts.com reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
By placing an order with Megawatts.com you are agreeing to these terms and conditions